For our headquarter in Berlin we are looking for a
Embedded DSP Engineer (m/f/x)
Term: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Senior and Mid Level benefits package – dependent on experience
At ADAM we’re incredibly passionate about audio and acoustics, and we’re looking for an experienced and forward-thinking DSP Engineer to join our growing pro-audio team. Our studio monitor products are predominantly multi-way amplifier assemblies, typically consisting of a main microcontroller, DSP, memory, amplifiers, a power supply, a display and various hardware peripherals. Software development work will mainly focus on the integration of DSP algorithms, control structures and graphical user interfaces.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for developing the embedded software for our studio monitors. The work would suit someone who can take full ownership for the monitor’s built in MCU/DSP processor codebase.
- Develop and supervise production ready software including maintenance services
- Optimize DSP features to maximize system performance, audio quality, upgradability and cost
- Evaluate DSP algorithms to identify suitability, bottlenecks and resource constraints
- Keep up to date with, and utilise, emerging technologies and trends
- Identify and define requirements for translation into software designs
- Handle documentation of software designs, detailed description of functionality, bug reports and test procedures
- Work independently, within international teams and on-site at suppliers with limited direct supervision
- Infrequent travel (approximately once per quarter), to support product development and testing
Qualifications and skills for the role:
- Creativity, hands-on mentality and a passion for music
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical or engineering field
- 5+ years of DSP software development using C (C++ would be an advantage)
- Specific experience with embedded real-time operating systems
- Knowledge of digital communication protocols and debugging tools
- Familiarity with bug tracking systems and version control systems such as git
- Good verbal and written communication skills. English and preferably German
- General knowledge and understanding of project- and time-management
Ideally you would also have:
- Experience and personal interest in the field of audio related engineering, music technology or recording arts
Careers at ADAM Audio GmbH
ADAM Audio GmbH is one of the market-leading manufacturers of professional monitoring solutions. Our customers include renowned recording studios and well-known music producers all over the world. Our international team at the Berlin-based HQ and offices in the USA and China live their passion for music. We constantly drive ourselves to bring fresh ideas and new technologies to our high-quality products to meet the needs of pro audio enthusiasts and recording professionals alike.
Since 2019, ADAM Audio is part of Focusrite plc which houses four additional, highly respected pro audio brands: Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Novation and Ampify. As a member of a rapidly growing, global family, we seek opportunities and innovations to really make an impact and play a significant role in the way that music is created today – and tomorrow.
We pride ourselves in providing some of the tools that empower creatives all over the world to bring their visions to life. Covering a wide range of products for different levels and budgets, we engage with artists, producers and engineers to become a companion throughout the various stages of their journey. We believe in the potential of music to overcome barriers and its power to communicate human emotions beyond words in a complex world. We embrace its evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it’s a fun place to work.
Benefits include: flexible working hours with the option to work from home, a company pension, health promotion activities, employee purchase scheme, monthly pizza day, external visits, staff events, fruit baskets, free tea/coffee and more.
As a team, we work hard and support each other to master our individual tasks, building and developing the skills of talented and passionate people – to achieve a common goal. So, if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we look forward to hearing from you.
ADAM Audio is an equal opportunity employer. Our employees span a wide range of diverse backgrounds and we believe that embracing diversity is one of the keys to our future success.
A direct link for you to add to the ADAM website is here: https://apply.workable.com/j/D848512F50